Test Your Cheesecake IQ!
With Cheesecake of the Year contest in full swing, we want to test your knowledge of cheesecake history!
1. Cheesecake is believed to have originated in what country?
2. In what year was cream cheese first made in America?
3. What German immigrant, more famous for his sandwich, is generally credited with having created the first New York style cheesecake?
a) Wilhelm Schwartz
b) Josef Pastrami
c) Arthur Reuben
d) Yohan Hamburger
4. Where was the world’s biggest cheesecake made?
a) Mexico City
5. What date is National Cheesecake Day celebrated in the States?
a) April 20
b) November 14
c) July 30
d) March 9
Answer in the comments section below! I’ll check back in later and post the correct answers.
And don’t forget to enter your original cheesecake recipes now in our Cheesecake of the Year contest for a chance to win $5,000 and have your winning cheesecake appear in Canadian Living Magazine!
Plus, if you submit a valid contest entry by Sunday, August 19, at 11:59 pm ET, you’ll be eligible for this week’s random draw featuring a KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. For every valid contest entry you submit, you will automatically receive an entry into the draw! So the more recipes you enter, the better your chances are of winning!